I. General Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Branch Head, the Customer Relations Officer (CRO) is the initial contact of the Bank to its customers. Responsible in assisting and engaging prospective customers inquiring about opening new depos accounts (such as Savings, Checking and Time Depos), remittance services, and other products and services offered by the bank. Gathers all appropriate information to open account and orient account holders on the terms and conditions of the account that the client intends to open; Ensures proper safekeeping of customer records and documents; and performs in- house selling and cross selling of bank products and services in support of the branch’s volume objectives.
II. Specific Responsibilities
A. CRO FUNCTION
1. Greets and attends to customer’s needs or complaints.
2. Facilitates opening of new checking, savings or time depos accounts.
3. Facilitates processing of TD placement and withdrawal (termination) except that cash shall be handled directly by the Teller(s).
4. Performs CI/BI for Checking Account applicant through the NFIS or other financial institutions.
5. Proofreads forms and goes over with applicant.
6. Compiles information about new accounts, encode account information into computer system for CIS creation.
7. Processes application of client service request for Bank Certification, Stop Payment Order, checkbook requisition, closure of account, reactivation of account, ATM Card replacement, ATM card blocking and balance transfer, PDC retrieval, replacement of lost passbook and ATM card, Statement of Account print- out, counter checks and other service requests.
8. Registers issued checkbook series into the system.
9. Performs linking and unlinking of ATM cards.
10. Takes charge in sending of Thank You letters for newly-opened depos accounts.
11. Takes charge in sending of “Notice of Dormancy” to dormant accounts.
12. Explains the mechanics of Stop Payment Order, returned checks from clearing, un-cleared bank check depos, inter-branch transactions and corresponding bank charges.
13. Ensures timely disposal of Bank Statement of clients.
14. Informs clients of their maturing TD placements, Returned Check depos and other concerns.
15. Accurately encodes information into the Branch’ client information database and updates of clients’ data and other information, such as but not limited to the following: filing and updating of business permit for business account, board resolution for corporate accounts and other important requirements.
16. Prepares Branch Head’s TD Leeway Rate Exception Request.
17. In tandem with the BOO conducts inventory and reconciles the following items:
– Time Depos Certificates
– Dormant Account Specimen Signature Cards
– Accountable Forms (Non-Working)
18. Ensure proper and separate filing of Clients Information Sheets (CIS) folders for active and closed accounts respectively.
19. To ensure proper encoding and updating of Clients Information in the banking system/ database.
20. Prepares and process Credit Approval Memo for back to back loan application of depos clients.
21. Processes remittance and bills payments transactions.
1. Acts as co-custodian or alternate co-custodian of KEY to the vault grill door, thus must ensure that entry to vault is jointly accessed by him/her and the BOO.
2. Serves as co-custodian or alternate co-custodian of Accountable Forms, thus must perform inventory of the non- working supplies on a monthly basis.
3. Acts as custodian of the Yellow Copies of Outstanding Time Depos certificates, thus must perform inventory and reconciliation of CTDs in tandem with the BOO on a monthly basis.
4. Acts as custodian of ATM PIN Mailers, as such must ensure that these items are properly safe kept and restricted from unauthorized personnel.
5. Acts as co-custodian of Dormant Accounts specimen signature cards. In tandem with the BOO, must perform regular inventory of these items and ensures that dormant account signature cards are safe kept properly and stored inside the vault.
6. Serves as co-signatory for branch transactions with local depos bank up to his/her authorized limits.
7. Serves as custodian of clients’ Customer Information Sheets (CIS) forms both active and dormant and ensures these are labelled, segregated and filed properly in a secured storage.
8. Ensures that the following end of day reports are reviewed and approved by the BOO and the Branch Heads respectively, to wit :
– New Accounts Opened for the day
– Closed Accounts for the day
– Report on Active accounts turned Dormant
– Dormant accounts turned active
9. Performs end of day CIV cash count in the absence of the Branch Head.
10. Primary custodian of counter check.
11. Ensure CIS folder of depos are on file and safe kept inside the vault at all times.